Saturday, June 21, 2008

My First Movie - Post Production

So on Thursday June 12th the final scenes for "Harmless Thoughts" were filmed in downtown Utica. These required many extras. I posted the info beforehand at Actorspages.org for anyone interested. I haven't asked, but I'm assuming they had a great turnout considering they had the blessing of the Mayor of Utica, Michigan where it was filmed.

Within days they had the trailer finished and posted on their Myspace Film page.

As independent films go. I have to say that the trailer was quite impressive. There are a few scenes in the trailer that really caught my eye artistically. I can't say for sure but I'd wager some money on this film winning at least some film festival awards.

Two frames and some audio from my fight scene made it into the trailer. You have to go frame by frame to see it. There is a scene where David, played by Randy Stetson, walks ahead of the group and takes off his glasses. Then you see Hailey, played by Mary Gibbs, running. Stop the trailer there. The next two frames after the white screen shows me tussling with Jeff Priskorn who plays Young Dale in the film. If you play the scene you can hear the audio of that fight.

My scenes are a bit more lengthly than that but it's a teaser trailer after all. I'm happy with it and as I've already said. It's quite impressive.

Now comes the hard part of waiting for premier night and hoping it does well. Unless something major happens, my next post on the film will be this fall after premier night.

No comments: